Travel Documentation

What Sort of Documentation Will I Need to Board the Ship?

All passengers are required to have a valid Passport. For passengers (US Citizens Only) without passports, a Passport Card will be accepted for boarding. An original (no photocopies) birth certificate and photo ID MAY be accepted for boarding, although this is at the sole discretion of the authorities in the terminal; you may be denied boarding without a Passport or Passport Card. Your failure to possess the required travel documents may prevent you from being able to travel; in such event, no refunds shall be provided to you.

The Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative allows U.S. citizens (including children) sailing on cruises that begin and end in the same U.S. port to travel with one of the following documents: 

  • Valid U.S. Passport
  • Passport Card
  • Original or suitable quality copy of a state issued Birth Certificate. If your Birth Certificate has footprints on it, it will not be accepted (these are hospital issued certificates).
  • If you are a recent US citizen and have not yet received your US Passport, you will need to bring your original Certificate of Naturalization.
  • Trusted Traveler Program Membership Card (Global Entry)
  • Original Green Card (no copies)
  • If you are traveling on a student visa you should not book Holy Ship! at the end of your visa. If you are at the end of your visa, you must provide written proof of employment or risk being left on shore!

In addition to the above, a government-issued photo ID is required for all guests.  

If you are not a US Citizen, please call US Immigrations at 1-800-375-5283 for guidelines on acquiring the proper identification for your nationality. 

Pro Tip:  

Take a photo on your smart phone of your state issued Birth Certificate. It must be clearly legible so that when its printed out it looks like a copy. You must be able to see the borders. This way if anything happens to your passport before boarding Holy Ship, you will have a copy of your Birth Certificate in your phone! If you are a Trusted Traveler with Global Entry you can also use that card so stow it away separate from your other travel documents in case of emergency.

Please note that the name on your ticket must match the name on your travel documents. If you are recently married or have undergone a name change, please be sure to bring along supporting documentation.